Yes you can, but it is extremely difficult for regular households to properly clean a dress.
To properly clean a wedding dress, you need to consider the followings:
- Industrial grade chemicals is required but cannot be found in supermarkets
- Range of chemicals which is specialized for luxury fabric such as viscose, silk, wool, raw silk
- Experience & skills on handling luxurious garments
- Knowledge about different fabrics, fibers and trims
- Skills for Hand Cleaning, Stain removal and spot cleaning
- Dry cleaning/ wet cleaning with professional devices & instruments
- Chemical Knowledge and cleaning-process programming to tackle different sources of stains
- Identification about different structure/ design/ enlistments of the dress
- Water temperature, detergent amount
- Operation of commercial devices
- Risk of chemical hazard/ chemical reactions to avoid fabric damage such as chemical burn
- Risk of physical damaging
- Waste Management & Disposal of unwanted chemicals
As soon as possible.
After the wedding, all sorts of visible and invisible stains can be hazardous to the dress. The longer the stains stay on the dress, the harder it takes to remove it.
Although most of the time, we are able to clean our customers’ old and dirty dress with good results, we still suggest all customers to clean the dress right after the wedding or event. Some stains, if staying on the material for too long, can deeply penetrate and embedded into the core of the thread/ fabric and hence, the stains eventually becomes permanent marks and cannot be removed.
So please send us the dress as soon as possible, preferably within 1 week after the wedding.
- Leaving the dress in the wardrobe for years result in yellow spots being generated
- Wedding party: blood, sweat, juice, food, champagne, sauce, soda, tea, coffee, oil and wine stains
- Stains appeared after long term contact with plastic container/ plastic bag
- Paint, tar, ink, pen or pencil marks
- Beach Party & Outdoor Wedding: stains from sand, sea water, salt, rain, mud, dirt, grass and soil
- Oxidation of enlistments, metal accessories and zippers, result in rusting
- Poor Laundry Management: household washing machines can easily lead to colour fading or other dyeing issues
- Cosmetics stains: makeup, hand cream, body lotion, antiperspirants, powder, foundation, lipstick, hairspray, gel, perfume etc
- Second-hand dresses: usually has greyish colour problem, especially at the hem or skirt part of the dress. Whitening treatment is needed
- Moisture issues: fluctuation in temperature or wet environment can result in moulding.
Industrial grade detergents and chemicals are used during the cleaning process. Their formulas were precisely calculated to clean sensitive and delicate fabric without damaging it.
From start to finish, we usually complete the whole cleaning process in 6 weeks.
To properly clean your dress, we need to know the cleaning instructions. If there is no care label or any sorts of cleaning instruction provided, you should first need to contact the manufacturer or designer of the dress for the details. In condition that you cannot provide such information, we can still clean the dress on condition that you sign the owner risk form, and we will clean it based on our best knowledge.
To keep your family heirloom for decades, it is important to preserve it well.
Colour fading and yellowing are very common issues. Exposure to air can oxidize the dress, weakening the material, and the hem part of the dress will become particularly brittle. Improper weight and pressure apply can deform the dress shape or damage the enlistments. Temperature change and moisture can result in germs development or even moulding. Also, whenever you want to take it out to review the dress, make sure to wear a glove be prevent any grease, dirt, oil or makeup to affect the storage.
To keep your family heirloom for years, we strongly suggest you invest in our Storage Box. Using premium quality white board as a material, these large boxes are thick, sturdy and suitable for long term wedding dress storage. The dress is covered by PH neutral, acid free tissue paper, protecting the dress against all sorts of moisture, germs, UV and decoloring.
Importance of acid free tissue:
Normal tissue paper has certain acidity, which can chemically react with the dress and slowly damage it.
Acid Free Tissue is free of acids that can cause it to deteriorate in the long run and damage the dress. There are 2 types of acid free tissue paper: buffed and unbuffed. Unbuffed tissues are more suitable for wedding gowns and luxurious garments. It has a pH neutral level of 7.0-7.5, which is mild towards delicate fabric.
We suggest customers to store the box a dark place away from UV light. The humidity should be stable around 50%. Temperature should also be stable without large fluctuations. Do not store it in attics, garages, or basements. You can store in a covered storeroom, inside closet, wardrobe or under the bed. If possible, try not to stack anything on top of the box.
Moreover, we recommend customers to inspect the dress every 2-3 years to make sure it is in great condition. Check for any stains and try to move the folds so that creases will not become permanent.
Yes, we have 4 different sizes of boxes from S to XL which can certainly fit in your dress.
- Browse the SHOP page and choose from our extensive range of services
- Our hottest deal, of course, is the WEDDING DRESS CLEANING deal
- Based on the characteristics of your dress, you need to specify the conditions of your dress such as Length, Layers, Stains or Yellowing, Embellishment, and Care Label
- There are some ADDITIONAL SERVICES which could be suitable for you, such as Rush Processing Order and Additional Transit Insurace
- When you are browsing the shop, please add the interested items into the Shopping Cart by clicking ADD TO CART
- Before checking out, you can always review the items and prices by clicking VIEW CART
- Once you complete shopping, you may PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- On the CHECKOUT page, you must fill in your personal details correctly, especially for the address which will be used for courier pick up
- Carefully choose the Preferred Collection Date (Weekdays only) & Timeslot (9:00 am ~ 4:00 pm)
- We will confirm with you whether or not the courier can come at your desired date and time
- Finally for the payment, you can either go for DIRECT BANK TRANSFER or CREDIT CARD (STRIPE)
- At the Thank you page, a detailed confirmation is listed to demonstrate all details of your purchase.
- A Confirmation Email will also be sent immedaitely
- Please mark down the Order Reference Number on the confirmation, and message us through facebook or instagram
- For any questions, feel free to contact us anytime
Very unlikely if you receive any damaged items, or you are not happy with the result, please feel free to contact us within 48 hours of receiving. We will do our best to satisfy our customers and follow up the case.
Yes, please let us know if you want to adjust the order as soon as possible. We will try our best to assist you with the change. Refund can be processed, and you might need to pay for any delivery fees or credit card surcharges. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any queries.
Yes. For your peace of mind, transit insurance is automatically included.
In the unlikely event that there are any damage/ stolen/ loss happened to the dress during delivery, transit insurance can cover the value of your items, up to maximum £1000.
In addition, please make sure to properly pack the dress in a sturdy box before you pass it to the courier, and double check if the tape can seal the box. Insurance does not cover improperly or loosely packed packages.
If you want to purchase additional insurance, you may do so by simply purchasing Additional Transit Insurance (up to £5000) in the SHOP page.
According to UPS website (https://www.ups.com/packaging?loc=en_IE)
Here is how to properly pack your dress:
You can help to ensure that your package arrives safely and on time with these packaging guidelines and procedures developed from UPS research.
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
Upon pick up of your dress, UPS sends a Tracking Number to you.
To track the delivery status, simply visit the UPS website:
Go to the Tracking page and enter your Tracking Number to see the delivery status.
Also, you can also track it through online.
The Importance of Hiring a Wedding Dress Cleaning Specialist
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable days of your life, and your wedding dress is the centerpiece of that day. It’s not just a dress; it’s a symbol of your love and commitment. After your wedding, your dress is likely to be soiled with dirt, sweat, and stains. You don’t want to trust just any dry cleaner with this priceless garment. You need a wedding dress cleaning specialist. In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of hiring a specialist and how it can benefit you and your dress.
Importance of a Wedding Dress Cleaning Specialist:
A wedding dress cleaning specialist is a professional who has the expertise and knowledge to properly clean and restore wedding dresses. They understand the intricacies of different fabrics and embellishments and use specialized techniques and equipment to ensure that your dress is returned to its original state. They also use eco-friendly cleaning products that are gentle on delicate fabrics and are free of harsh chemicals.
Benefits of Hiring a Specialist:
One of the biggest benefits of hiring a wedding dress cleaning specialist is that they provide a tailored service that is customized to your dress’s needs. They use specialized cleaning techniques to remove stubborn stains, such as red wine and grass, that regular dry cleaners may not be able to handle. They also offer preservation and storage services to ensure that your dress remains in pristine condition for years to come.
Another advantage of hiring a specialist is that they provide a convenient and stress-free service. They offer home collection and delivery services, so you don’t have to worry about transporting your dress to the cleaning facility. This service is particularly beneficial if you have a busy schedule or if you live far from the cleaning facility.
Your wedding dress is a precious and irreplaceable item that deserves the best possible care. Hiring a wedding dress cleaning specialist ensures that your dress is in safe hands and will be returned to you in pristine condition. With their specialized expertise and equipment, they can remove even the most stubborn stains and restore your dress to its original glory. Don’t trust your precious dress to just any dry cleaner. Hire a wedding dress cleaning specialist and give your dress the care it deserves.